Thermostatic mixer with cranked legs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys, thanks for any help you can give.

We have an antique clawfoot tub that I've always had a soft spot for. Unfortunately the tap holes are wider than average at 195mm centres. We've solved this so far with a deck mounted bath/shower mixer with cranked legs to adjust in by 15mm.

Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 15.17.20.png

The mixer is a bit tricky, so now we want a thermostatic mixer. Deck mounted. And with cranked legs for the 195mm holes. The only one I can find is made by Lefroy Brooks. For 1300 quid!

https://www.castironbath.co.uk/lefro...et-gd8821.html

Lots of people do deck mounted thermostatic bar mixers with rigid legs:

Traditional:
Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 14.34.04.png

Modern:
Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 14.53.47.png

Question is: would it be possible to take one of these and attach some cranked legs to them?

Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 14.59.34.png

If everything is in 3/4" it should fit, right? Or would the result look totally pony cause the mixer tails would be too long to fit all the way into the cranked legs?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 14.59.48.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 14.59.48.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 155
Sponsored Links
Thanks Dan,

Are you saying use two elbows on each side to make an adjustable leg? Think I'll run into the same problem of the mixer tap legs being longer than the elbow they're screwing into.

Anyone have any experience of shortening the threaded section? Maybe with a careful angle grinder? Expensive experiment.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back