thermostatic or pressure balancing valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is thermostatic or pressure balancing valve the best for a combi set up. i like the look and price of the mira combiflow valve which is pressure balancing but my last valve was triton thrmostatic which was good. I nite that the mira people advise always having the flow control fully on with the pressure type for a combi but i would always do this anyway. thanks

Sponsored Links
I always tend to fit the thermostatic ones, if I fit anything, usually the Mira Excel. Had no problems or complaints yet ;)

I had a pressure balancing Aqualisa which said it is intended for thermal stores and combis; I had assumed it adjusts for people turning on taps or flushing WCs It will also work on tank hot supplies of min 1.5 bar which would mean 15metres higher than the shower and IIRC you could then use it with mains cold and tank hot.

thanks to both so far. sorry john d, but was the valve good? did it adjust properly when wc flushed etc? in essence did the temparature stay reasonably stable.

Sponsored Links
:oops: :oops: :oops: Never got round to fitting it. My cold tank is 10metres above the shower but the MI said min 1.5 bar. I had been using a pressure reducer (mains cold, tank hot) but it kept jamming so I bought the balancing valve.

My guest room currently has a non-operational shower :(

i see. i will phone mira tech services tommorow and ask their view and post

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back