Thermostatic Shower Valve works sometimes.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have had a thermostatic shower valve fitted in the main bathroom, it was fitted a couple of years ago but has been used very frequently.

The problem is that it is cold most of the time occasionaly it will go hot and then back to cold. I have just had the combi boiler serviced just in case that was causing the issue but it has not made any difference. I have noticed that the boiler was not fired even though the shower was running.

The feeds for the valve are off the bath taps and they are supplier hot and cold without any problems.

I am not sure whether the boiler is the problem or the shower valve. It could be the boilers not firing or due to the shower valve being the problem the boiler recognises this and stop supply of hot water.

Any ideas, help or advise would be appreciated.

Bal

ps hot water

Sponsored Links
Try disconnecting the shower head and turning it on. If the boiler fires OK, try cleaning and de-scaling the shower head.

Limescale in the shower head may reduce the flow below the minimum for the boiler to operate satisfactorily.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back