They sent my Census form back!! :o)

• Thread starter cumbriahandyman
  • Start date
I continued my tradition of writing "Black - African" as my ethnicity.

I'm not black, I do it because I think it's a stupid question for a census but it is an answer they cannot refute. I hope and pray for the day that they come round to do a follow-up and try to tell me I'm not black. :LOL:

A Jewish friend tells me that the Nazis used the census in order to track down the Jews in Germany so she has never declared herself as Jewish on the census.

I'm all for the census, but when people don't feel comfortable answering truthfully, what's the point?

Sponsored Links
me too but I've been hassled by the census woman 5 different times now. I think I may have to actually fill it in...
Don't give in...

"The householder has given an adequate reply to the census request" is all that is needed... ;)

"The householder has given an adequate reply to the census request" is all that is needed... ;)
tbh you are right but I couldn't face her again and they call at various times of the day. I just did the survey online and put the bare minimum of info.

Sponsored Links

I managed to avoid the census guy a few times, but got caught a few days ago as I was outside when he appeared. My line was "It's been dealt with." That's a perfectly factual response, since I did deal with it. He seemed to think I meant that I'd filled it in and mailed it back. Oh well, not my fault if he misunderstood, right? ;)

Having just had a pestering canvasser for the electoral register knocking on my door and ringing the bell for about five minutes this afternoon, then again this evening, I was reminded of this debate about the census.

So, of those who didn't return the census form on this thread, who has heard anything more about it?

Don't all rush now........ ;)

And you never will...

Link

Aug 15 was I believe the last contracted day for the 'enforcers'....

And you never will...

Link

Aug 15 was I believe the last contracted day for the 'enforcers'....

It seems that somewhere around October 28th was also the last day for the electoral-roll pesterers. No doubt she was determined to try and and collect every last pound of bonus on offer for getting more forms signed, but to keep standing there ringing and knocking non-stop for over five minutes is a bit much. We'll see if I finally get removed from the list now!

Sponsored Links