thickening up exterior paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just rendered the outside walls of my house using a sand and cement mix. In some places though its a little patchy and wanted to go over it with a thick exterior paint to hide the blemishes.

Thing is i'm trying to work on a budget and seeing the prices of sandtex trade (hi build) type paints is not really an option.

Just wondered really if anyone knew if mixing Lime (hydrated) into a regular exterior paint would be ok - ok, as in it won't fall off the wall as soon as i could lay it on??

Thanks
Dan

Sponsored Links
Just wondered really if anyone knew if mixing Lime (hydrated) into a regular exterior paint would be ok - ok, as in it won't fall off the wall as soon as i could lay it on??

God no! :eek:

It will bleach the colour out of the paint in no time and make it very unstable

You could try adding polyfilla...not text book stuff but it might work.

Amazing how many people ask a question on here and cant be arsed to respond when they get an answer isnt it...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back