Things you find

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
And not really DIY but had the urge to share- I suspect the previous occupant paid someone money for this particular lashup.

Hall floor- concrete, very rough surface, very uneven.

And sounded a bit hollow in places...

So, got the tapping stick out. 30 seconds later (a very very sandy concrete mix) we have this

Yes, the bodger in chief couldn't be bothered to pull all the old floorboards and joists out so just hurled the mix in around and over.

I think it is the same bodger who built up the path and bays at the front of the house so ground level was about 150 above internal floor level (Concrete grade looks the same). He did leave gaps for the airbricks- or drains into them would be more accurate. Damp? Just a bit. But at least I know why- lets see if it dries out naturally before I waste a week drilling and injecting.

Sponsored Links
I did hear of someone who built an internal wall by laying bricks directly onto the carpet. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back