Liquid DPM in 1930s house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 1930s house, no damp proofing beneath the ground floor concrete. For various reasons the floor is very uneven and I need it levelling out so that new flooring can be installed

The concrete is reading very high moisture, some parts have old bitumen which looks like it is crumbling away

I’ve had a flooring company round to quote to level the floor. They have included a layer of liquid DPM (FBallsF77).

Their price to level the floor (bringing the floor up around 20mm across 26sqm and adding the DPM) is just under 2k

My thoughts here are - should I just get a builder to dig out the ground floor, install a DPM and then pour a new floor?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Sponsored Links
Yes. Always the best way. New sub floor as it will have insulation.
but if not that way with f ball is good. We do the Ardex way, ardex NA then DPM1c which is similar.

Thanks for the reply

In terms of cost difference between the two methods, is it likely to be considerable more expensive to dig out and replace?

Sponsored Links
Not sure to be honest as never priced that as mostly builders do it.
But I’d say there won’t be that much in it. Maybe £1000 at the very most

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back