thorn emi programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

We recently moved into a house with a myson housewarmer 45 back boiler. Boiler seems to be fine and has been serviced regularly, the most recent service being march of this year. :D

The problem is that the programmer to control the system is a bit iffy. It switches on but the red light (to indicate that the water or heating is on) clicks on and off a few times and you can hear the system firing up then stopping. If I adjust the sliding switches gently I can find a position where it stays on constant. This is annoying more than anything else.

The programmer doesn't have a model no or anything it just has Thorn EMI printed on it. It has a digital display showing the time and three sliding swiches below. One of them is for setting the time and the other two are to control the heating and hot water.

I would like to put a more modern programmer on if possible because this one is brown, dated and just generally ugly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also in the meantime if anyone knows where to find instructions for this programmer or for the boiler that would be extremely helpful.

[/img]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back