Those massive queues at Dover that brexers claim don’t exist….are back

Recently went to France to go Disneyland, getting to France was easy, pull up at Dover,, see the french border control, waited there for 10 minutes checking passport (not sure why it took so long, like they were waiting verification on each passport to come back), then on the ferry and done straight out the door

When on the way back, went through french border control, painless took about 5 minutes, then got stopped by french security, they had a good look round the car, then got to UK border control and proceeded to wait for 45 minutes, was only 8 cars in our queue, we got there checked passports in 5 minutes and finally got on ferry.

Think it depends wholly on what jobs worth is on the border gates

From regularly driving to Spain when I was younger I can't remember the process being any different now as to before Brexit,

Sponsored Links
How many of our 70 are fully ratified? It isn't 70.

If you aren't using the same criteria for both numbers it makes you look dishonest.
It’s Christmas Day. Take a day off from complaining and spend some time with your family - many can’t. There’s a lot worse places on this planet you could be right now than Great Britain. Be thankful for that. Merry Christmas.

I’m simply asking @Notch7 to back up me being a fan of Boris.

I’ve given up with all the other types of posts. Cheers though @denso13 for taking the time to find that post.

Notch can’t and won’t even try to explain his scandalous accusation!! I’m quite frankly gobsmacked
I think you took denso's post wrong

Sponsored Links
It’s Christmas Day. Take a day off from complaining and spend some time with your family - many can’t. There’s a lot worse places on this planet you could be right now than Great Britain. Be thankful for that. Merry Christmas.
there might be a flaw in your argument

Recently went to France to go Disneyland, getting to France was easy, pull up at Dover,, see the french border control, waited there for 10 minutes checking passport (not sure why it took so long, like they were waiting verification on each passport to come back), then on the ferry and done straight out the door

When on the way back, went through french border control, painless took about 5 minutes, then got stopped by french security, they had a good look round the car, then got to UK border control and proceeded to wait for 45 minutes, was only 8 cars in our queue, we got there checked passports in 5 minutes and finally got on ferry.

Think it depends wholly on what jobs worth is on the border gates

From regularly driving to Spain when I was younger I can't remember the process being any different now as to before Brexit,
It is just a fact that the loss of FOM means we are restricted to 90 days out of 180 days

that automatically means more checks: passports needs stamping.

anecdotal evidence, does it negate the simple fact there are now more checks and there’s no space for increased infrastructure in at port or tunnel terminal.

thems the facts

It is just a fact that the loss of FOM means we are restricted to 90 days out of 180 days

that automatically means more checks: passports needs stamping.

anecdotal evidence, does it negate the simple fact there are now more checks and there’s no space for increased infrastructure in at port or tunnel terminal.

thems the facts
Really you are restricted to 90 days ?

If you overstay are you allowed back in again or are you marked down as an illegal migrant?

If you overstay are you allowed back in again or are you marked down as an illegal migrant?
Why are you hoping when you get back to the UK to be put up in a 5 star hotel for an additional holiday ?

Google says you'll be forcibly deported if you're not already in the queue for your transport home and are normally barred from the Schengen Zone. Maybe a bit harsh but those are the rules we chose.

Why are you hoping when you get back to the UK to be put up in a 5 star hotel for an additional holiday ?
If you have aUK passport, you can't be an illegal immigrant.
IT minion was referring to re-entering EU after overstaying.

Sponsored Links
Back