Three Queens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Jan 2008 QE2 and QM2 tandem crossing westbound to NY - they did the eastbound trip in tandem April 2004 - Queen Victoria joining them over there...
Cunard on 2008 said:
...The year will start in celebration with the spectacular January 13 meeting of all three Cunard Queens (Queen Mary 2, QE2 and Queen Victoria) in New York Harbor for a Royal RendezvousTM - marking the first time in the company's 168-year history that three Cunard Queens have been in service simultaneously...

That will be some occasion.. Right into downtown NY, brilliant.

At NY - pre homeward tandem voyage -
http://www.worldshipny.com/qm2qe2nyapr25me1.jpg

Nice to fly over for that and some time in the big apple .. Weather would be iffy tho'
:cool:

Sponsored Links
Its nice to see the return of the Ocean liner, not long ago it was looking like they would become defunct, not enough interest but now theres loads of them.
time to challenge the blue ribbon, but they should ban glorified speed boats.

There appears to be some doubts about the older cruise ships due to 'rafts' ;) of new legislation coming from SOLAS etc certainly by 2010.
:)

I wonder if Greece complies to the SOLAS regulations :LOL: I was in Athens once admireing all the old ships that we had condemed, being used for the Crete run.and they'd changed the names by putting the odd Z or X in somewhere, ''Zueen Xary'' :LOL:
probably all ponced up these days.

Sponsored Links
Richardp said:
I wonder if Greece complies to the SOLAS regulations .

Richard, do you mean the ships or the country..Personally from what I have seen over the years the Country has no chance of compliance!! :LOL:

Back