Tightening up shaky base and handle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,
I have brass handles on my upvc windows but the whole base is shakey on them all and moving around.. How can I access the screws to tighten?
Thankyou.. See picture

Attachments

• _20220122_132909.JPG
    _20220122_132909.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 64
Sponsored Links
Hi,

I expect this cap:
Screenshot_20220122-150836_Chrome.jpg
can be prised off with something slim.
There is normally a screw fitting under the handle side as well, but I can't see this in your picture - hopefully more will be revealed when you remove the cap! :)

Thanks,
The thing is, is that the cover extends as one piece to the other side so you can't remove it because the handle is there

Ahhhh, I thought there was a joint line - on closer inspection, it's a reflection :oops:
Judging by the logo, I think the manufacturer is Hoppe, and that top plate will just rotate 90 degrees out of the way! :)

Sponsored Links
Press the plunger in on the right to allow the thin cover to spin round and expose the screws, it might not spin enough and hit the frame so just open the window slightly, maybe lock it on night vent

Brilliant guys,
Thankyou.
I will give it a try and let you know how I get on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back