Tighter expenses rules 'harming MPs' mental health'

How sorry do you feel for them?

• very

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a little

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not in the slightest

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I dont know whether to laugh at them or cry at the thought they're running the country

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15267426
The new, tougher expenses regime is damaging MPs' "mental wellbeing", the doctor who looks after them has said.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Dr Ira Madan told a committee looking into the system that its "frustrations and difficulties" had increased workloads but decreased rewards.
decreased rewards? as in they cant fiddle as much!
So rap in if you're unhappy with your job.....or vote yourselfs a payrise that you have the power to do....... but no that would be taxable and may bring you into the higher earnings bracket wouldn't it?
She also said MPs were tired of being the butt of jokes about their expenses.
well maybe but when you look at it, it's not funny at all you utter p.ss taking tw>ts
And she said they were coming under greater pressure because of the "increased ability for constituents to readily contact members by email".
Here's me thinking that that's what they're supposed to be there for...to represent their constituents views in parliment :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
No sympathy for them whatsoever. They pass thousands of new regulations every year and expect us to abide by them. Do they care whether it affects our mental well-being having to worry about whether we're (even inadvertently) breaking some new regulation, such as whether something we claim as a tax deduction might be questioned by some petty bureaucrat? No. Do they care if we're out of pocket because of a mistake their system makes, or because their systems impose unreasonable burdens on us? No. So if they don't like a taste of their own medicine, too bad.

Yes, I've become quite cynical in my middle age, but it seems to me that the majority of them are in parliament only because of the power it gives them and for what they can get out of it.

Paul, that's not cynical at all. It's actually bang on the money (no pun intended).
MPs take the utter **** out of us, take money they aren't entitled to morally (oh but wait, it's within the rules - like that makes it all ok) and break the rules that they themselves set. Flagrant flaunting of property rules and laws, tax evasion (in the manner of not paying what they should by not claiming things properly, or at all)
No Paul, you sir are spot on!

seems to me that the majority of them are in parliament only because of the power it gives them and for what they can get out of it.

That is the only reason they become mp's, they are dishonourable self serving thieving scum that could'nt give a damn about this country or its citizens.

And I'm sure they do suffer from "poor mental wellbeing", most criminals do, due to being constantly worried about getting caught and being sent to prison.

Sponsored Links
I think the doctors surname was mis-spelled. Should be Dr Madman. ;) ;) ;) ;)

PS,, I assume this doctor was paid by MP's to produce this report.

There's only one person who's suffering from mental health, and it's the crazy loon of the doctor herself ffs.

Methinks that 'tis time to refer herself to the General Medical Council for striking off the register.

PS,, I assume this doctor was paid by MP's to produce this report.
She is the MP's consultant physician. Something about turkeys voting for Christmas comes to mind :rolleyes:

How much did it cost us to compile this pile of horse-anus wipe material?

Sponsored Links
Back