Tikkurelia Optiva seems to peel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im not sure if its my walls however for my last project the Hallway I hired a professional sander and painted peel stop all over.

However for the 2nd time I find this paint peels easily especially if anything leans on it in error. I find its floating on the surface.

I like a durable paint that I can get mixed to a F&B/Little green Paint and the matches are excellent.

Considering I have used any old standard matt paint in the bedrooms I have no issues with this.

I have the boys room to re-do before Christmas I am wondering whether to forget all these durable paints and stick to a standard matt emulsion?

The house was built 15 years ago and had issues with paint floating on mist coat. For instance if I paint the ceilings the old paint comes off on the roller.

So am I missing a trick here should a primer go on before these scrubbable paints? My concern is with the boys the walls only have to be painted a week and they have dirty finger marks on them. Id prefer a scrubbable paint. I will be using darker colours this time!

Sponsored Links
Plus. I did some filling on the walls. I applied a good coverage of zinnser over and still get that nasty sheen over the hole. Im really at a loss with Optiva.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back