Tikkurelia Optiva seems to peel

Discussion in 'Decorating and Painting' started by chasingmytail, 5 Nov 2021.

1. chasingmytail

chasingmytail

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Im not sure if its my walls however for my last project the Hallway I hired a professional sander and painted peel stop all over.

However for the 2nd time I find this paint peels easily especially if anything leans on it in error. I find its floating on the surface.

I like a durable paint that I can get mixed to a F&B/Little green Paint and the matches are excellent.

Considering I have used any old standard matt paint in the bedrooms I have no issues with this.

I have the boys room to re-do before Christmas I am wondering whether to forget all these durable paints and stick to a standard matt emulsion?

The house was built 15 years ago and had issues with paint floating on mist coat. For instance if I paint the ceilings the old paint comes off on the roller.

So am I missing a trick here should a primer go on before these scrubbable paints? My concern is with the boys the walls only have to be painted a week and they have dirty finger marks on them. Id prefer a scrubbable paint. I will be using darker colours this time!

2. Sponsored Links
  3. chasingmytail

chasingmytail

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Plus. I did some filling on the walls. I applied a good coverage of zinnser over and still get that nasty sheen over the hole. Im really at a loss with Optiva.