Tile effect laminate flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to be fitting tile effect laminate flooring (planks - not individual tiles) to my kitchen in the near future. The floor already has vinyl in place which is laid on concrete floor (with grey levelling compound on top) at one end and at the other laid on floor boards which has ply on top so I think there is a sound base. I have read that it is OK to lay laminate flooring on top of the vinyl or would you recommend taking this up and putting proper laminate flooring underlay - if so which type would you suggest?
When laying out is it best to treat these as floor tiles when starting? i.e drawing chalk lines and starting from centre or just starting from one edge as recommended in instructions - can't seem to find much guidance specifically for tile effect laminate.
Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back