Tile painting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,was asked to cover some dark green and red tiles in a kitchen with tile paint,have duly done,2 coats primer 1 gloss,however she wants me to go over the grout lines with a grouting pen.Has anyone every tried this and does it work?I was really surprised as to how well the tiles actually looked when glossed(first time user)any advice would be appreciated.
p.s. the gloss is oatmeal,grout pen white.Would we better leaving it alone?
Regards
Paul

:confused:

Sponsored Links
Whose paying for the pens lol, as they are not cheap.

As it happens I used these pens on a job, and I went thru quite a few, The client supplied them, and I think he paid approx £7 odd for each one.

When you use them, you have to hold them at an angle, and keep squeezing the nib with you fingers to get a flow, and if the orginal grouting is old or coloured and you want to go white for example, then you would have to go over the grouting.

TBH, I found them a pain in the arris, in the end, I taped the tiles, (didnt take me long either), and got small brush, and painted the grouting with oilbase eggshell, I did this job about 6 months ago, went back to client to another job a couple weeks ago, and saw that the eggshell is still on there, no peeling or coming off the grouting.

But I suppose on how many people are using the bathroom for baths and showers, this was a couple, so that might have helped.

Thanks for that spice,however went back to the job this morning,tried to apply the grout with pen but it wouldnt adhere to the gloss which was applied to the grout (as directed on the tin) customer was happy to leave it though,tiles look well.We live and learn!!
Paul ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back