Tile repair?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, first post here.. although the forum has been a very useful resource before now. I'm tiling the hall floor, and have chipped a corner of one of the tiles.. not deep.. just a flake. I'm wondering if anyone knows what sort of glue i might use to repair that. As the pigmentation is tile deep i thought i could grind up a piece of tile and with the right glue fashion a matching repair paste.. any ideas?

thanks

:)

Sponsored Links
You'll never grind up a piece to match without looking a bit........ well patched.
If you think it's that noticeable and you're that bothered, why not just replace the whole tile?

Not an option, there are just enough tiles to cover the job, and i've had them a long time so doubt I would find more. Its not a very large chip.. and it's in the furthest corner, all of which already make it fairly inconspicuous.. i just want to make it that much more so. Granted it wouldn't have the same texture.. but with the right glue would have the same colour.. better than leaving the chip or having the grout take the space. So, any takers?

http://www.bricksandbrass.co.uk/diymats/tiles/tiles.htm
Quote:
Broken glazed tiles can be stuck together with an epoxy-resin glue from an art shop. Use adhesive tape to hold the pieces together, wiping off surplus glue with a cloth moistened with methylated spirits.

Minor chips missing from tiles are best ignored; they are old and you may cause more damage by attempting a repair. If the damage is a bit more serious, use plaster of Paris or filler. Once this has dried, use artist's oil paints to match the colour, and protect with a matt varnish.

Sponsored Links
Ok, not really what i'm looking for.. but thanks for the idea :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back