tiling before fitting a shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a bathroom to tile, which then needs a shower fitting. I want to bury the pipework.

It's a Triton Zante II. If I work out where the pipe needs to come out, is it normal practice to bury the pipe leaving a few inches stuck out. Tile and fit the shower then is it easy enough to cut the pipe to the exact length?

Also, the water inlet in the shower is just a plastic tube, no coupling supplied. Is it 15mm, and so will match a standard compression fitting?

Sponsored Links
I have a bathroom to tile, which then needs a shower fitting. I want to bury the pipework.

It's a Triton Zante II. If I work out where the pipe needs to come out, is it normal practice to bury the pipe leaving a few inches stuck out. Tile and fit the shower then is it easy enough to cut the pipe to the exact length?

Also, the water inlet in the shower is just a plastic tube, no coupling supplied. Is it 15mm, and so will match a standard compression fitting?

Yes to all questions

Yes - don't use sealing compound when making the joint to the plastic pipe in the shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back