tiling over door frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My last post was a bit complicated to understand so will try again...
Here goes..

Im looking to retile my bathroom and my situation is this..

I have a wall approx 2 x 2 msq, door is situated on the left. Directly above the door is ply (to be tiled over). To the right of the door is plaster with existing tiles on (easy to retile). However the door frame is ceiling height and is in the middle of the ply and plaster like a sandwhich effect.

I have put on an architrave around the door so will tile up to this achitrave which again i shouldnt have a problem.

My problem is once the tiling reaches door height i still have some of the wooden door frame on show up to the ceiling which is slightly set back from the plaster.

Question : how do i get around this?

Can i .... Fill in over frame to make flush with ply and plaster. If so what filler suitable to tile over and what adhesive so no tiles fall off.

In short i guess i just want to tile over a door frame

Any other advice welcome.. hope this is more clear

Sponsored Links
Hmmm I think I'm with you now. Can you not just stick up some plasterboard to bring it level, then tile over that?
Gcol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back