tiling to a corner that is tapered

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm tiling into a corner in my bathroom where the wall is tapered from top to bottom by over an inch - i.e. - there will be an inch more tile at the bottom than at half way up the wall.

What is the best way to tackle this problem so it doesn't look a mess? Would you advise
(i) doing 90 degree (vertical) cuts on each tile then filling the slight angle to wall at each tile with grout

... OR ...

(ii) cutting slightly angled tiles for each?

Tiles are faily large - about 300 mm by 210 mm.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
p_a_johnson said:
cutting slightly angled tiles for each?
I would do it this way as they're are large tiles so shouldn't be too noticeable. A wider grout will change colour and crack.

Ideally the wall should be re-plaster where needed for a perfect finish.

You can buy a tile cutter called anglemaster about £15 it automatically measures the angle for you, really easy to use. Think they are made by plasplugs, you can get them at b&q,Worth every penny.

Sponsored Links
Set out so that you have more than half a tile at each side.

That means that you either have a full tile in the middle of the wall, or a joint in the middle, whichever allows more than half tiles at the sides.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back