Time for a new fridge freezer ? Beko not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 2020 fridge freezer has stopped working. Model Beko CRFG1582W. For approx 10 days the temp in the freezer was minus 26 degrees, way too cold, and the compressor sounded stranger that usual, more loud and buzzy. I couldn't get the fridge right temp without effecting the freezer. Then suddenly 2 days ago the fridge freezer no longer cools at all, approx 14 degrees fridge and 10 degrees freezer. Fan seems to be going, compressor never turns off.

In the current Ebay 20% off deal I can get a new £380 fridge freezer for £340 inc disposal of old one and installation. Repairing this one will probably cost between £140 and £190.

Firstly, going from what I wrote above, any idea what the fault may be ? Secondly, would you get it fixed or pay more to get a brand new one ? I have left it off for 2 days, and put it back on, but no joy, so doubt it is ice build up.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back