To all Carl Benjamin Apologists- even UKIP wants rid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey u can get roast gammon in a tin now

U Microwave it for 5 mins and then put it under a grill for 2 mins

I bought one :cool: have not tried it yet

Sponsored Links
And reading down some of the comments from that guardian link..

"
It's not racist but it's stupid because there are plenty of red-faced, ranting aged white men who aren't xenophobic, racist UKIP supporters; Dennis Skinner, Ken Clarke, John McDonnell etc. You could easily slot their photos into that picture grid of 'gammons' often posted on social media and the politically unaware would barely notice.

And that's the issue with it - if we're not careful we'll end up with anyone of a certain age with a ruddy complexion having his views dismissed out of hand because he is deemed a gammon. That's no different to dismissing someone's opinion because they are male, female, young, gay, black, religious or whatever - it doesn't make for reasoned and intelligent debate.

Finally, I keep hearing the argument from those using the term liberally that their targets are more than happy to prejudge people based on their appearance. This is true but just because they are biased, over-judgemental ****s doesn't mean you have to lower yourselves to their level."

Exactly that, its fair game you wanna gammon fine, as long as you can chuck other slang and perjoratives in there also, just keep your sensitive little flag tucked in your back pocket along with your white hanky (y)

They could always see sense and vote remain. They can become a snowflake then.

Jews and Muslims are Jews and Muslims regardless of their Brexit affiliations.
my point is that John D. said that the insult "Gammon" directed at leave supporters is legitimate because it refers to their political choices and not their ethnicity or demographic ,so it follows that it is ok to refer to all Leave supporters as Gammon (which is a type of pig meat ) even if some of those Leave supporters have cultural and religious sensitivities to pig meat.
On the other hand it could be that the Perjorative "Gammon" should be restricted to a specific ethnic demographic of British society (White middle aged British) which would in my opinion make the term Gammon a racist and ageist slur.

Sponsored Links
You really are scrapping the barrel.
Are you now claiming that leave supporters (Gammon) can cause cancer.
Vinty - you cannot do this posting lark

Your ability to comprehend the context of posts even when they contain quotes is clearly way short of what it needs to be.

Give it up, there's a good chap.

Vinty - you cannot do this posting lark

Your ability to comprehend the context of posts even when they contain quotes is clearly way short of what it needs to be.

Give it up, there's a good chap.
You are the one who has comprehension problems.
This part of the thread was a discussion about the Perjorative term Gammon being used to demonise Leave supporters.
As Gammon is a type of processed pig meat why did you feel it necessary to post a link about the danger of processed meat causing cancer.
Was it a Freudian slip by yourself.

my point is that John D. said that the insult "Gammon" directed at leave supporters is legitimate because it refers to their political choices and not their ethnicity or demographic ,so it follows that it is ok to refer to all Leave supporters as Gammon (which is a type of pig meat ) even if some of those Leave supporters have cultural and religious sensitivities to pig meat.
On the other hand it could be that the Perjorative "Gammon" should be restricted to a specific ethnic demographic of British society (White middle aged British) which would in my opinion make the term Gammon a racist and ageist slur.

Agree Vinty, its like some people normally more left have some strange self deprecating mentality. In the gammon thread Jason Xylophone tried to dismiss it with racial essentialism :D the sort of waffle i could imagine some Oxford **** spewing..

Its funny i read today a certain seaside town is concerned due to the amount of tourism descending in good weather concerned about facilities policing etc to cope with demand. Now imagine that headline referring to immigrants etc.. some people here would p1$$ their pants over such a headline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back