To upgrade or not...that is the question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Some advice please from the alarm experts...

We're having some work done at the moment and we have several ceilings down hence making access to existing wires fairly simple.

We currently have a Menvier TS700 alarm system with several new wired PIRs fitted by me a couple of years ago.

Is it worth upgrading to something newer? Have been quoted for a new Pyronix Euro-46 system but seems a lot of money for essentially something similar to what we currently have.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sponsored Links
If you have the option to further proof your home do it.
You can put new cabling in now and use at a later date ,think about option of data cabling as well for smart tv,cctv and computer points as Wi-Fi can be poor in some areas in the house
The euro 46 control panel is far superior control to the Tunstall panel.

@Handymanjo: Yes totally agree, I'm already onto installing computer points and wi-fi, but just wanted confirmation on the alarm upgrade.
Existing wiring is 6-core. I have a roll of that already and can easily route it to new points around the house. Do you know how many wires are needed for the new wired keypads like the one used on the Euro-46?
The TS700 uses 2 x 6 core wires - is it the same for the Euro-46 (would like to re-site the keypad).

Thanks

Euro 46 keypad uses 4 cores leaving 2 spare cores.
We install 8 core to keypad which would allow us to use the zones on keypad if required.
You could put two 6 core cables to each point for the keypad then you have covered all bases.

Sponsored Links
i would upgrade to the Euro 46 panel, as the wires are already in place to the detectors and bellbox.
i do not know what sort of price you were quoted but i cant imagine it being too dear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back