Toilet connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of refurbishing my bathroom and I wish to turn my toilet onto the other wall (at a right angle)
It's on the ground floor so at the moment the soil pipe comes up out of the floor via a pan connector so I'm intending to run this on the surface and box the pipe work in,
If fittings are available I was going to turn the existing pan connector 90deg attach a length of pipe (about 18") then a elbow then another length of pipe (about 24") then a new pan connector.?????
I'm not sure if this is the way to go or am I barking up the wrong tree
Or is it possible to get a soil pipe to connect directly into the existing waste where the pan connector is now I'm not sure if this is iron or clay as I haven't pulled the old connector off yet
Advice would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Idea is feasible, depending on you achieving sufficient fall on the run from WC outlet to floor connection. Alternative is to dig up the floor and reposition drain. Depending on age of property, if underground on ground floor then drain is likely to be either clayware, or if newer, plastic. If existing drain is clay (or iron) need a McAlpine DC-1 to couple from existing to 110mm plastic. http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/waste-pipe-fittings/drain-connectors/drain-connector-black.html

Thanks for your reply
It is an old cottage and the toilet is on the ground floor I don't really want to get into digging the floor up as I'm only going around a corner I can get a fall on the pipe work but it would need the connection where it goes in the floor to be as low as possible I was hoping to push the existing pan connector right down as far as it will go.
It looks like the drain connector will sit up above the floor to much ?
What I would need is a bend with drain connector so I can get it right down inside the pipe ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back