toilet connections and solvent weld

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there folks, just installing a new w.c. and basin using the 90degree pan coupler with 32mm spigot. I am using all push fit drainage from basin into spigot. I have the vent pipe in the corner of the room with a connection branch awaiting the toilet waste. because of heights, i am connecting the pan coupler to a 45degree angle to another 45degree angle and then a length of pipe into a boss connector in the vent pipe.My (hopefully) very easy and quick question is....do i need to use solvent weld on the pan coupler and the pan? Do i need to use solvent weld between pan coupler and end of the 45 degree bend? Do i need to solvent weld between the 2 bends and do i need to solvent weld between bends and pipe? Oh and also....do i need to solvent weld between new pipe and branch connector on the vent pipe?

all the pipes seem to fit quite snuggly with me just pushing them together but i don't know if the solvent weld makes sure there are no leaks.

thanks in advance for all helpful answers!

Sponsored Links
Are they ring seal fittings (rubber seal/ring in the collar)? If so you shouldn't use solvent weld.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back