Toilet Continuing to dribble after flushed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Both the toilets in my house continue to dribble (barely noticeable but I'm aware of it now) water into the pan after the toilet has been flushed. From searching on here it seems that the flush seal is the most likely cause, having ruled out an overflow problem.

These flush mechanisms look very complicated so can anyone offer any advice firstly on removing it, and secondly on accessing the seal once it's off the unit. Are seals widely available?

Sponsored Links
Looks like the siamp skipper valve.
Hold the valve close to the base in the cistern and twist it should come apart then you'll see the seal when you remove the top part of the valve.

I've googled the siamp skipper and you seem to have it spot on. Is it a bayonet style fitting on this one? Am I likely to need a new seal or can the old one be cleaned up/turned over?
I've read about some seals 'bubbling up' but not sure if this applies to this one.

I'll have to post up a pic of my other loo as it'll be different. Thanks for your quick response seco services.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back