toilet in the shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am plumbing a toilet into my shed but haven't yet got beyond the head scratching stage.

The soil pipe comes up out of a solid floor directly under the back of the toilet (close coupled variety). There seems little or no room to put a tee in the soil pipe so that I can then put a air admitance valve in the system.

The soil pipe runs about 4 metres underground and then into the sewer inspection chamber.

Will the toilet work without an air admitance valve ?

Sponsored Links
It depends on the sewerage system you have. Is there a stub stack in your front garden near the main manhole cover? It is ofthen referred to as a 'knights helmet' if that helps you identify it. OR is there a Vent pipe running all the way u the side of the house? - That is a SVP.

If yes to either then, it will work. It did before.

Cheers

It depends on the sewerage system you have. Is there a stub stack in your front garden near the main manhole cover? It is ofthen referred to as a 'knights helmet' if that helps you identify it. OR is there a Vent pipe running all the way u the side of the house? - That is a SVP.

If yes to either then, it will work. It did before.

Cheers

well - firstly this is a new toilet installation - although the soil pipe was installed two years ago when we first built the shed.... so it has no previous history of working before

Secondly - there is a normal vented soil stack which enters the sewer about another three metres beyond the inspection chamber mentioned in the first post. Will this suffice ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back