Toilet Leak Help!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Today i replaced the inlet valve and syphon on my old toilet, i bought a new close coupling kit with the rubber sealer.
Problem is it leaks when its flushed i have had to toilet off 5 times tried to re align the rubber diaphram but still i have a small leak when the toilet is flushed :mad: :mad: :mad:
Its defo not coming from the syphon or inlet seal as i checked this for an hour with water in before i connected to the pan.
Does anybody have ant ideas on how to stop the leak????
Will a load of plumbers mate work??

Thanks any help will be great
:LOL:

Sponsored Links
I fitted a new rubber ring in mine a couple of days ago. It's water tight without any sealer on it. Have you got your cistern sitting on the pan at the correct angle? Try fitting both together without screwing the cistern to the wall.

Hi,

Its not yet screwed to the wall, and the angle looks as square as you can get. Its really driving me mad, think i am gonna try the plumbers mate tomorrow and see how it goes.

Thanks anyway

Nope to plumbers mate its a non setting sanitary compound and aint suitable for what you have in mind . Best advice is to get yourself another doughnut washer and try that , they only cost pennies and make sure your cistern is sitting right and tighten down squarre . can sometimes be a hit or a miss to get em sealed , but another washer should do the trick dont muck about with mastics only gonny waste your time

Sponsored Links
Cheers pete,

Will buy a few in morning, are there any better types or are they all genarally the same?

Thanks

i hasd this problem a few weeks ago and instead of trying to get a correct size donut washer i used plumbers mate over the slight crack in the original donut. it has worked, no more leaks!!!

Thanks fellas,

Think i had a visit from the plumbing fairys last night, used the toilet all day today with no sign of a leak. Dont know what happened but its fine now, so happy i dont have to drag the loo out again.

:p :p :p
Thanks for all your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back