toilet odour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and also not that skilled in DIY, but as a man feel obliged to ensure things are going smoothly in the house. I do seem to be able to fix minor things like a door handle or stopping toilet from wasting water, but there is sth I can't find a solution to- a horrible toilet odour. Things like air freshener etc don't seem to work, plus ideally I would like to eleminate the root cause of the problem. We do maintain a good hygiene practice, so it's a bit embarassing when we are visited by guests. I sniffed around, but couldn't figure out where exactly the smell is coming from... Any ideas which steps I should undertake to completely eleminate that horrible smell? Thanks!
P.S. Another thing...maybe someone could advise, it's about the tap, it keeps splashing when we turn it on, I think it doesn't have that plastic restricor which is called aerator if I'm not wrong. Went to Wickes and B&Q and they don't sell any aerators...does anybody know where I can buy one and how to install it?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your question, to be honest I don't know, I couldn't find the source of smell...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back