toilet overflow inside cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have rearrange toilet so it is facing a different way. However the new overflow inside the cistern fills up and switches off but i can still hear and see water coming into the cistern and the level is still rising. It is a telescopic jollyfill FB150T, bottom inlet valve. Made a company called Wirquin. Can anyone please tell me a solution, this is driving me up the wall. Need an answer asap.

Tazz :oops:

Sponsored Links
Clearly the float valve is fully shutting off - did you take it apart and reassemble it?

Or did you change the position of it, or of the siphon, and one is catching on the other?

Can you decribe the type of float valve you have, or take a picture, or state the make?

However the new overflow inside the cistern fills up and switches off but i can still hear water coming into the cistern and the level is still rising. Can anyone please tell me a solution, this is driving me up the wall. Need an answer asap.

Tazz :oops:

only if you can tell us what this means

Sponsored Links
I had my suspicions, but I really can't be bothered to be politically correct with the he/she business.
No offence meant. :)

I've never heard of a "telescopic jollyfill FB150T", and nor has Google.

Any chance of a picture? If not, then perhaps just your phone number. :D

Thanks dextrous.

It's possible that in the relocation some grit has come through the pipework and lodged under the washer, in which case the thing to do is replace the washer - they sell Wirquin washers in B&Q.

Thanks dexstrous.
one good turn deserves another, now that I know what time it is ;)
It's possible that in the relocation some grit has come through the pipework and lodged under the washer, in which the thing to do is replace the washer - they sell them in B&Q.
Or it might be that in the manufacturing process a sealing ring was damaged or misaligned. Either way, turn off the water at the isolation tap and dismantle it within the cistern to identify the fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back