Toilet Plant Pot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having ripped out the bathroom suit, we wish to use the old toilet as a plant pot. Not original I know, but.......

I tried to drill a hole in the bottom to improve the drainage, only to find that no drill would make more than just a v shaped hole. The tile drill bit wouldn't do much, or even the masonry bit.

Any suggestions for making a hole in the very bottom of it?

Sponsored Links
wobs - don't bother drilling holes. Fill the U-bend with crocks to stop the plant roots sitting in wet soil, any excess will drain out the bottom of the pan via the waste spigot.

If you really want to cut a hole in the base, turn the pan upside-down and attack the base with an angle grinder/stone disc; a couple of slots are as effective as a drilled hole.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for that guys.

I suspected that I might get away with the crocks idea, but I'm no gardener, so wasn't sure.

Fortunately we've got A LOT of broken/offcuts from tiling said bathroom, so no problem there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back