Toilet Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

I live in a basement flat with two bathrooms. When I flush the toilet the bath gurgles and the water fills up the toilet bowl before going back down to its normal level. The toilet in my ensuite the other side of the flat also does the same thing. What's weird is that the bath will gurgle at other times of the day, presumably when one of my neighbours flushes or something.

I've plunged the bath and toilet but that just resulted in this weird musty damp smell.

It varies in that some days it flushes totally normally and other days the water comes up really high.

The thing is that none of the other residents say they have problems so it looks im going to be the one lumbered with the plumbing bill.

Any ideas on whether the problem could be inside my flat or within the building itself? I know nothing about plumbing :(

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back