Toilet seat wobbly (one month old)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought a very expensive GSI toilet (ex display) from a local shop which has had about 1 month use since I installed it.

All of a sudden the seat has worked it's way loose which means it slides left to right.

I have removed the seat/lid (by losening the two small allen bolts) and have found that the problem isn't this part itself, it's the left side (bit that's attached to the base of the toilet itself that the seat/lid then attaches to) that has become loose, I can't see any way of tightening this.

The design of the toilet is so that pipework etc is hidden and the base slides right up to the wall, would be a real pain to have to take out.

As it was ex display is was already built so I'm not sure if they have tightened it enough when building it or if it's just a part thats gone faulty...

Any clues?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I have put in a loo like that and used an expanding soil pipe connection to the pipe in the wall and flexible water pipes. So, undo the floor screws and try easing the loo away from the wall.
By the way, empty the loo of water first. Good luck

I've seen something similar in Wickes. See if you can get them to give you the fitting instructions.

I had a similar problem and got over it by using small 6 mm plasterboard aluminium anchor bolts and a bit of of mastic pushed into the fixing holes a a couple of long crome 6mm bolt. position and leave overnight and tighten in the morning.

there should be a nut on the other end

:iagree:

there should be a fixing on the other end so you should just be able to turn the whole fitting to tighten it. The fixing is usually designed so that you can get it through the hole in the top of the toilet without removing the toilet if required.

It's a concealed system, remove seat and see if the section with allen bolt in it will turn, [has expanding rubber bolt below].

Took a better pic to show you how hard it is to get at everything :confused:

I'll take the seat off again tonight and see if it tightens without holding the cut underneath.

Failing that it'll probably have to be pulled out :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back