Keramag toilet seat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have experience with Keramag toilet seats like attached photo. The hinges of mine are seizing so moving the seat and lid up and down is very difficult. I had hoped I could dismantle the hinge to clean and/or lubricate but can’t figure out how to remove it from the seat. I am trying to lever off but don’t want to crack the seat doing so.

I can’t believe that I might need to throw the seat out and get a new one just because the hinges have seized, but it’s beginning to look that way.

I think it is a soft close hinge by the way although it has never really worked as soft close since we moved in. Also I am making an assumption on Keramag since the pan is Keramag, however the seat itself is unbranded.

Any hints or advice appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 107
Sponsored Links
Self closing both pegs would both return to same position which yours clearly haven’t , one or both have seized or snapped internally , best replaced .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back