Toilet waste exits straight down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing our toilet and the soil pipe exit straight below the pan into the drain underground. I am having trouble locating a replacement.

Where could I get one? Are they rare? Do they have a special name?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
You might get a plain, cheap "BS" S-trap pan to fit, but the normal solution is to use a special plastic elbow which allows you to push the pan back as far as possible. Often you still need to pack 2" behind the cistern

They are rare - and old usually - and you might be surprised @ what it`ll get on eBay. :idea: Could be "London Pattern :confused: " was a thread on here a few weeks ago about them .

I had a similar problem when I refurbed by cloakroom. The original toilet had a chain pull cistern up a height and the toilet pan was in a really daft position about 1.5" forward off the wall.

I had to change the layout of the cloakroom and buy a suite based on units and a concealed cistern arrangement to enable me to fit a modern toilet further forward using the units to take up the wasted space behind the toilet and hide the pipework.

Was a total nightmare tbh. Took me ages and lots of modification to get it spot on.

Sponsored Links
please let us know the make and type no if you find one

a pic will be nice

it's a common question.

that's tanfastic, tincup

Looks like the Quinta or the Refresh.

Do you know any others?

Hi John.

How much choice do you want? Theirs about 6 (BO) in that link.
I use City plumbing but all merchants could get them.
Great when the soil pipe is 8-10inches from the wall and the customer insists on a close coupled.

HTH

my soil pipe socket centre is 250mm :mad: from the wall, and the old low-level pan projects 740mm from the wall including seat cover overhang. The diagram tells me the Refresh b.o. outlet is 225 from the back, and has a 640 projection

the room is very small and has a corner basin, so whatever extra space I can get from a new pan will help. The close-coupled looks better as well.

The Quinta seems very expensive, and would also take up more room.

Did you see page 11 refresh 260mm wall - centre. I paid CP £290inc. Its not cheap but if thats what a customer wants then so be it, or find one themselves.

ah, the lever cistern one, thanks. I might get a bit of wiggle room on the rubber socket liner, or maybe I could chip a bit of plaster off the wall

ta!

bloody expensive though :cry:

Hi John.
You want cheaper move the soil pipe!!!! Not one of customers as gone for this option yet.

chip, chip

dig dig

chip, chip, chip

dig dig

etc

Tried that, didn't like it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back