Toilet waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all im having a bit of nightmare here I removed my toilet in the bathroom of our new built house to re tile the wall after having a shower installed however since re fitting the dam thing iv got a slight leak from the waste pipe where it goes into the back of toilet iv taken it 3 times already, cleaned it up and checked everything is tight and it still leaks iv bunged it up with a bit of plumbers mait for now but it's only temporary. I just can't get my head around it it's sitting in the exact same spot as last time because the lino was cut around it the waste pipe is a rigid 90 degree coming through the floor so I can't actually get to the join.. is there anything I can do without removing the toilet again?

Sponsored Links
The fins that form a seal when fitted can get disturbed on removal and may need repositioning.

Sponsored Links
checked everything is tight
Thing is, it's such low pressure water that things don't even need to be tight. Sounds like a seal isn't seated correctly/ has been pushed out of position when the toilet was fitted. Perhaps pour some water tinted with dark paint down the pan, then see if you can better see where the leak is coming from

Push the pan in further even if it messes up the lino, if that doesn't work replace the pan connector.

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back