1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Tommy Robinson and the media hysteria

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gasbanni, 8 May 2019.

1. gasbanni

gasbanni

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Ok gentleman I'm nor a Tommy Robinson fan nor does he upset me.

It's said he's far right in the media and they're almost hysterical in denouncing him,.....can anyone on here point me to documented facts that he's far right ? Rather than opinions........"oh he's this and that ! Damn racist "

Where's the evidence ....highlighting Asian grooming gangs doesn't make him a racist or is this chap a racist too ? https://www.theguardian.com/society/2012/nov/21/nazir-afzal-cps-child-abuse

It's simply really where's the facts as opposed to opinion?

2. mattylad

mattylad

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    There are none because he is not far right, he is not racist, a nazi and the other things he is called.
    Some people ought to actually read his book (which has not been disproven) that details all these myths about his past.

So not far right - just right. :)

3. Notch7

Notch7

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  4. mattylad

mattylad

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    So you have found a link to his book? congratulations.

Now read it.:)

5. Notch7

Notch7

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Ive read the free pages on the anazon 'look inside'.......

I do think there are plenty of people that simply dismiss TR as a racist thug without looking at any of his youtube content.

If he spoke like Rees Mogg, he would be seen rather differently, I feel.

Im still on the fence, I feel there is sincerity in what he says, but I also see he is a career Vlogger and he has a huge RW fanbase that clearly includes racists and white supremicists.

6. Dork Lard

Dork Lard

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    He's actually a Stooge. A very well paid Stooge.

If/when you discover who's holding the purse strings then maybe it will all become clear.

7. andy11

andy11

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Tommy Robinson left the EDL because he did not want these kinds of followers.

8. durhamplumber

durhamplumber

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    #tommytheracist

9. ellal

ellal

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    "Every single Muslim watching this. On 7/7 you got away with killing and maiming British citizens. You had better understand that we have built a network from one end of the country to the other end. And the Islamic community will feel the full force of the English Defence League"
    Yaxley Lennon
    "EDL till I die"

"If you’re a journalist and you think your office or your home is a safe space. It’s not"
    Yaxley Lennon
    Far right thug.

10. durhamplumber

durhamplumber

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    #tommytheracist

11. SirGalahad

SirGalahad

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You are as bonkers as he is.

12. jonbey

jonbey

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    How do you define far right? Here's something form the interweb ...

But how do we define the term, and why do we class Lennon as ‘far right’?
    Camus and Lebourg provide a useful taxonomic classification within which Stephen Lennon fits comfortably:

“Far-Right movements challenge the political system in place, both its institutions and its values (political liberalism and egalitarian humanism).
    They feel that society is in a state of decay, which is exacerbated by the state: accordingly, they take on what they perceive to be a redemptive mission.
    They constitute a countersociety and portray themselves as an alternative elite.
    Their internal operations rest not on democratic rules but on the emergence of “true elites.” In their imaginary, they link history and society to archetypal figures […] and glorify irrational, nonmaterialistic values […]. And finally, they reject the geopolitical order as it exists.”

https://www.hopenothate.org.uk/research/investigations/tommy-robinson-far-right-islamophobic-extremist/

Lennon is very clever in the way he avoids being opening racist, and instead focuses his hate on individuals. This is a tactic the right wing press also use to avoid being labelled as racist or xenophobic, islamophobic, homophobic, anti-semitic etc.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ellal

ellal

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Although Yaxley Lennon the far right thug isn't so clever in avoiding convictions/imprisonment for violence/financial and immigration fraud/drug possession/public order offences, and of course contempt of court

14. jonbey

jonbey

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I think the important point is that being far right does not mean racist, it is an ideological, political viewpoint, which just happens to often also include racism, xenophobia etc. In all likelihood he is as racist as they come, but in answer the the question "is he far right?" there seems little doubt that he is - everything he says and does it far right.

To suggest that he is not far right because he has not been recorded as saying anything racist just shows that many people do not know what the far right really represents.

• Like Like x 1
  15. EFLImpudence

EFLImpudence

Thanks Received:
    Portugal
    Not sticking up for him - just curious and like the truth.

Do you have an example of him being racist?