tonsil stones?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I think I have tonsil stones...

I felt a strange scratchyness at the back of my throat earlier.. like a piece of popcorn kernel was stuck back there..
I scratched at it with my finger to try and dislodge it and felt a small scratchy lump with my fingertip..
Rather freaked out I rushed to the bathroom to look what it was..
It looked like a bit of grit stuck in my throat.
with some gentle scratching at it with a knitting needle I managed to dislodge it..
It's a small dark thing about 2-3mm in diameter and it left a "hole" in what I now know is my tonsil..
Apparently ( according to google ) it's not that uncommon..
You get then when a duct in your tonsil gets blocked by bits of food and such.. and it's a cause of bad breath..

Sponsored Links
there called crypts. theyre normally casued by scarring from tonsilitus in your younger days. I suffer from it, but it seems to be sporadic when i get it. I can taste when i have them. Ive found the easiest way to get them out is with the end of a hair grip! But your right they dont smell very nice when they come out! Not much that can be done about them according to my dentist and doctor

I think I have tonsil stones......

Sword.gif

Sponsored Links
Stones can also form in any of the saliva ducts ... Very painful as they move their way down the duct and eventually pop out under the tongue.

They tend to be pear shaped and the size of a Hedex capsule ... VERY big compared to the size of the saliva duct :LOL:

MW

Back