Toshiba Laptop A100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Calling all Computers Know-how-ers ,

Please help!

I don't know what it is, may be it's the prevailing heat, my Toshiba Laptop A100 has gone mental.

One moment it says: 0MB free ( i.e. no free space)
Another moment it says: low on disc space
Then another: 209MB free from 37.1MB
And so on and so forth.

And this is despite the fact that I have virtually deleted almost all my files including photo files and performed all updates and disc fragmentations. I am currently unable to save any files, even a small one. However, it sometimes feels a little generous enough and allows it. But then not knowing as to how it would react the next time, I have to hold my breath when I come to pressing the dreaded save button.

Any comments, thoughts, suggestions please, before the wretched thing suffers a full-on heart attack and heads to the valley of the dead.

Regards,

wizardsaleem

Sponsored Links
Sounds like bad block / filesystem errors but could easily be something simple like a loose lead to the hard-drive that has caused the filesystem corruption ---So check the simple stuff first ! <--- I run Linux and that exact thing happened to me with a reasonably new 1Tb drive.

If you can then save everything you want to keep elsewhere (DVD or Dropbox/cloud etc)

Repair hard drive file structure

Beware that could mean formatting & re-installing

Empty your recycle bin too.

A full drive will prevent it from booting and slow it down when it does.

Sounds like bad block / filesystem errors but could easily be something simple like a loose lead to the hard-drive that has caused the filesystem corruption ---So check the simple stuff first ! <--- I run Linux and that exact thing happened to me with a reasonably new 1Tb drive.

If you can then save everything you want to keep elsewhere (DVD or Dropbox/cloud etc)

Repair hard drive file structure

Beware that could mean formatting & re-installing

Thank you for a very useful input. I will certainly keep it in mind.

Regards,

wizardsaleem.

Sponsored Links
Back