Totally New Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone got ideas for the best sequence of work to install a new kitchen including a new ceramic tiled floor, ceiling coving, plumbing and wiring for electric cooker. sockets and ceiling lights?
I`ve stripped out our old kitchen and had the ceiling stripped and replastered and now I literally have an empty shell. Got the new kitchen units in the garage but i`m unsure as to what to start first.
I had thought it best to put the flooring down first but looking at all the different jobs i must say i`m not sure.
I plan to do as much of the work myself as poss. :confused:

Sponsored Links
im in the middle of doing my kitchen now. Kitchen people are putting it in on 21st.

So far the order im doing it is:

1. Tiles off walls
2. Electrics (lot of more plugs/moving existing ones etc..)
3. Plumbing
4. tiles off floor
5. Walls skimmed/ plastering
6. Floor levling stuff
7. Painting room
8. Kitchen install
9. Tiling floor

So far at stage 2 and 3 (stage 2 will be defn finished on saturday)

Stage 4 starting on 3rd-5th
Stage 5 & 6th starting 6th -8th
Stage 7 starting 17th
strage 8th starting 21st
stage 9 starting 27th

They made it clear they dont wont the floor to be tiled with new ones (due to any damages etc..)

hope that helps?

Sponsored Links
Measure up and mark walls with locations of units, sockets, fittings, appliances, plumbing and waste routes.

Get your wiring and plumbing done. Can leave the sockets off if isolated until you have tiled.

Lay your tiled floor and grout

Fit your wall units & extractor hood

Fit your base units and integrated appliances

Fit your worktops, sinks.

Wall tiling

Finishing touches

Edited to remind you to triple check measurements at every stage!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back