Towel radiator coversion to electric

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I used to have a plumbed in towel radiator in my shower room, but it was connected to my central heating system as hot water pipes were too far away. Anyhow, this means that the towel radiator was off during the summer as the CH wasn't used, so it was useless for that period.
I bought it from Screwfix about five years ago, and it still looks immaculate. I'd like to re-use it, but install an electric heating element instead of having it plumbed in. How do I know if the radiator will take an electric element (it has one entry/ exit either side on the bottom which used to take radiator valves, and also one each side on the top, one for venting ond one with a stopper in). It is a curved type Screwfix no 61926 Arc Towel Rail Chrome 816 BTU 239W 550 x 1200mm - not sold anymore).

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back