Towel radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone please confirm whether a small bathroom of size 2.6m by 1.7m can be heated with a water based towel radiator of a size 500mm (w) by 800/1000mm (h)? Are towel radiators designed to heat bathroom or quite simply, just to heat a towel? I was under the impression that they can replace a regular radiator?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like more or less the size of my bathroom

It used to have just a chrome waist level straight up/along/down with one other cross pipe ( I can't add a picture) and was ok but could be chilly in the winter

Now I have something like this
https://www.screwfix.com/p/flomasta-curved-towel-radiator-1200-x-600mm/8874d

And it's fine on a corner bathroom
I haven't checked the actual btu or dimensions in the link but close enough

Sponsored Links
The term 'Towel Radiator' is now generally being replaced with 'Towel Warmer'. They are not designed to heat a room. Their output is about 1/3 of that emitted by a radiator of the same size. Unless your bathroom is naturally warm, you should also have a traditional radiator.

The problem is that most people forget that the stated heat output for a towel ermmm... warmer, is given for when they in their 'bare' state. When they are covered with fluffy insulating towels, their heat output is reduced further to virtually nothing.

Last edited:
don't bother , the clue is in the name " TOWEL radiator " ;)

i expect if you ask in B&POO the friendly assistant will say " ye sure it does"

Towel rails are for warming towels ,and as already said when they are covered with towels they will not heat the room, you do get combination ones that are half radiator half towel rail, but you find that the fairer sex just put towels over the radiator part.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back