Tracing drip in Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For last 2-3 months I can hear a drip under floorboards in bedroom/landing when all is quiet about every 20-30 seconds. I've had floorboards up and can't see any problem. Also no patches on ceiling below. However, the pressure has dropped on the boiler - not much about 1/2 to 3/4 bar in about 6 weeks. I've checked boiler again today and sure enough pressure has dropped again to 1 bar - I topped it up to 1.5 about 6 weeks ago when boiler was serviced, so my assumption is it must be the central heating and not the hot/cold feed I had thought which runs under the bedroom floor - radiator in bedroom also goes into landing.System was installed about 3 years ago new Worcester Bosch boiler but don't think there's any issue with the boiler. Any tips please on tracing the drip please ?

Sponsored Links
Are you sure that it's a drip you can hear? If there's no trace of a leak then it's possible that it's the pipework 'ticking' as it expands/contracts - doesn't explain your pressure drop though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back