Treating Original Stripped Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had front door chemically stripped of it's 10 or so layers of paint, with the intention of re-painting. Turns out that it is original c.1900 door and looks great just as it is. What treatment would be suitable that would not alter the look? (i.e. not shiny varnish, coloured wax etc..) Any suggestions appreciated. BTW .. no idea what type of wood it is, it has a pine look to it.

Sponsored Links
I bought a clear wood preserver a few years back, didn't change the colour of the door just made it slightly darker (as in wet), I've done a couple of searches and can't find it although it was a known brand.
Could do with some myself for the jungle hut I've just built so I'm searching too.

I used 'Quick & Easy Brushing Wax' natural colour to bring out the wood grain,

See this

Thanks again guys ... what about Ronseal Clear Outdoor Varnish, what d'you think that'll do? I guess just make it shiny.... That would be OK, really wanted to keep the Matt look. Couldn't find info about the wax... where to look?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
m1ken1ck said:
Couldn't find info about the wax... where to look?

See this for your nearest stockists area and also helpline phone number for anything you want to know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back