Tree Lilly Pretty Woman

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This may seem like simple questions but I am new to gardening

I have just got the bulbs but it is still frozen outside so I am waiting till the frost is over to plant them. If I keep them covered should that be a problem ?

I would also like to plant some in pots and get the advice on planting them they should be in deep pots but no one says how deep.

I just want to plant one or two to a pot about about 30 or 50cm across so how deep should they be and what compost

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have just got the bulbs but it is still frozen outside so I am waiting till the frost is over to plant them. If I keep them covered should that be a problem ?

Just keep them somewhere cool and dark.

I would also like to plant some in pots and get the advice on planting them they should be in deep pots but no one says how deep.

I have some tree lillies in a large planter about 40-50cm deep at a guess.
I think depth means they are well-anchored and don't blow over, for example.

I just want to plant one or two to a pot about about 30 or 50cm across so how deep should they be and what compost

Any normal compost. Mine are in my own from the compost heap. Add some growmore if you want. Make sure there are drainage holes in the bottom of the pots.

Mine didn't do well in their first year, due largely to squirrels eating them as soon as the tips appeared. But they survived that and looked (and smelled) great in the second year. Since then I've moved them, to pots which are probably too small - but I'll see what happens!

Thats great Now I feel a bit more confident about what to do. I will also work out a way of keeping the squirrel off as well Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back