Tree Stump in Strip Foundation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies,

I posted this in a different category about how to go about removing the stump. But didn’t get a answer to my question below:

Do I need to remove the whole stump or just the bit that it’s the footing along with any roots?

Context

I have had footings dug for a small ground floor extension at the rear of my property.

In the corner between my neighbours garage and my property we have uncovered a large tree stump. The remains of a large pair tree which was approximately 3 meters high.

It is in such difficult position to dig out. I have dug out much larger tree stumps in the past but had the space around them to do it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Foundations press downwards so as long as the ground beneath is sound there will be no problem. Foundations can be affected by plant roots drawing water from the supporting ground causing shrinkage or pushing on the structure but if the tree is dead it will not be a problem only in as such it will eventually rot down and the adjacent ground will sink/settle. For certainty speak with BCO

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back