Tricity Bendix AW1053W washing machine - noisy when draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our 6-7 year old Tricity Bendix AW1053W washing machine has started making a noise when draining the water after the spin cycle. I have had the top and rear panel off and the motor, belt and drum are all fine and don't sound any different from normal when in action. But there is a rubbing noise while the drum and motor are stopped after spinning.

While trying things on just the spin programme I thought at first that the pump maybe objected to not having any water to work with. So I tried the rinse cycle but the noise was still there. The cycle completes and the water drains OK but the noise is obviously a warning that something is wrong.

I am therefore assuming that there is a problem with the drain pump? However, having read through previous posts, it sems that foreign objects can find their way into the pump and cause problems. Can anyone advise how to access the pump to check for foreign objects please? Or any other suggestions on what the noise might be?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
OK so no-one wanted to reply to this. So I read lots of posts about washing machine troubles and decided to try soda crystals on a hot programme. Lots of gunk and hard lumps came out into the fluff filter and things improved. Tried the same thing again and the problem was cured! Soda crystals good...low temp programmes bad (in the long run). Save the planet if you like but eventually you have to purge the system with heat and soda crystals.

Thanks anyway

Percie

PS crystals are also good for dishwashers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back