Triton 550i power shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
did some work on a system with one of these today. Customer had fitted months ago, using 15mm plastic pipe. Run from pump too en suite was about 7mtrs. He said it worked fine at the start, but then started spluttering and getting cold later on.
Anyway he asked me to come along and tidy it up and make the pipework in copper.

so 22mm cold feed back to cold water tank.
22mm hot supply going back to a new surrey flange on the hot water tank.
all isolators on full bore valves.

only requirement from Triton was to have 15mm from tank to shower head which they have.

however, dreadful flow rate at shower and the pump only kicks in when the cold water on the mixer valve is on. if it is turned to hot it cuts out.

have to say that the flow rate with the pump switched off is dreadful.

can't even access the mixer valve at the shower as it is built in.

am i missing something?

Sponsored Links
It sounds like a problem with the pump. Possibly the flow switch on the hot side. If you run the hot on its own does the pump do anything at all?

if i turn the mixer valve over to hot the pump stops. But i assumed since the flow was crap that this was the problem. i think ill try swapping the hot and cold around on the pump to see if that changes anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back