Triton Bewitch 10.5Kw Shower Problem!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a Triton Bewitch which has started cycling hot and cold every few seconds.

When I switch it on it warms up, then the heat light goes off and the pressure light comes on and it cools down till its cold then the pressure light goes off and the heat light comes on again and it warms up again for a few seconds and the cycle repeats itself endlessly.

What may be causing it and what is the solution?

Sponsored Links
How old it is what rating is it how long has it being doing this how hard is your mains water have you tried calling Triton?

its a year old, been doing it for 2 weeks now. its in a soft water area, no scaling at all.. called triton today, they told me to put it on cold setting remove the shower head and let it run for 15 minutes. tried this, made no difference, called them back, now they say it may be the element or the thermal cutout!

What a waste of time, in the end they were advising me to replace the whole unit!

Cant believe showers are supposed to break down after a years use! :evil:

Sponsored Links
In my experience Triton are the worst possible manufacturer with zero customer service.

I fitted one of their shower pumps and within four days the motor had failed open circuit.

They would not replace the unit unless I first returned it to them for examination.

In the meantime the customer was supposed to live for three weeks without hot water!!!!!!!

Absolutely appaling I thought!

Tony

barera said:
...they say it may be the element or the thermal cutout!

What a waste of time, in the end they were advising me to replace the whole unit!
So replace the heater can and the cutout - they'll cost far less than a whole new `unit.

Cant believe showers are supposed to break down after a years use! :evil:
Why not? You (or someone) bought one of the cheapest and crappest showers on the market - why should it last any longer than the warranty? :confused:

try changing the pcb it worked on mine.order from showerdoc its cheaper
than triton,if the shower is less than 2 years old its under warranty,its
about £50

there is a thermostat on the top of the element chamber. there are two or four screws to release. There is a product number on it to order

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back