Triton Excite Shower not working, has power but power indicator not lit,

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

My Triton shower failed to start this morning, here are some hopefully helpful points before any conclusions are made,

1 Main Fuse board RCD not tripped.
2 Pull cord neon is lit.
3 Live feed to shower unit.
4 Live feed from power unit.
5 Mains water is on.

I have tested with a multi meter the Solenoid and got a decent reading and also the heating element, I did a continuity test on the thermal cut out device which was ok, the micro switch has
three pins, one grey wire to a low pressure neon and a brown wire to the solenoid, the middle contact has no connector, I did a continuity test which gave an audible bleep but when I pushed the button underneath the micro switch, which the pressure relief valve operates, the audible bleep still sounded on my multi meter, is this the culprit?

The shower was only used yesterday and there were no issues.

Any advice would be truly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
have you measured voltage ,line to neutral at incoming shower terminal block ?

Hi

No have not done that yet, can you please advise in simpleton terms, I am no electrician so don't want to complicate matters, also sorry as I have posted in Electrics outside of UK by mistake and of course should be inside UK.

Regards

Sponsored Links
the test is carried out on a live circuit. be extremely cautious and unless you are totally certain that you have the skill to use your multimeter safely DO NOT attempt it. set range to high ac voltage on meter ,on the terminal block inside shower ,put black probe on neutral and red on live terminals you should get 230/ 240 volts. Advise back what reading is.

Back