Triton shower and no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was asked to take a look at a newly installed triton shower because there was no hot water comeing from it. i checked the flow rate and checked that it was getting the minimum pressure required to activate it and it was but it is still only pumping out cold water any suggestions??

Sponsored Links
If it's newly installed shower then it's triton problem now as it's still under 2yr warranty.
But you can check the tco for continuity.
That would be the first suspect.
Also check the pressure switch is rising ok.

Has it been working ok ?

Sponsored Links
your a life saver, to test the tco do i just check between the terminals going in either side and should it be continuous or broken when not operated?

and how do i test the pressure switch?

Continuity on the tco probe on eachside of the tco open circuit it's knackered. Thats with mains power isolated.

Or you can check with mains power on and you should get 230v on bothsides.

Pressure switch
Above the stabiliser valve is a plastic pin when the shower is turned on the plastic pin rises and touches a micro switch in the switch assembly above.

You can see the pressure switch just above the triton sticker to the left.

This is the amber III
TRITONAMBERIII.jpg

Thanks very much mate i carefully tested between the contacts with the power on and there was no voltage between them. I did not know that about the pressure switch mind.

Where did you learn to fault find that in depth or is it just experience

Thanks very much mate i carefully tested between the contacts with the power on and there was no voltage between them.
Hope you tested for AC volts with the power on not continuity.

So you tested for 230v on bothsides of the tco ?
You should of had 230v on one side. Did you ?

This is the tco.
TRITO_22010070_view.png

Where did you learn to fault find that in depth or is it just experience
Read alot of manuals and study alot of showers.
and alot of thanks to george my mate at showerdoc. ;)

I installed a triton enrich brand new last week few took a minute to heat the water and ever since the customer has being ringing saying it hasn’t been heating the water any solutions? Much appreciated thanks

If it’s brand new either take it back or warranty call.

What rating is the shower? Do they know that at this time of year they will need to have it at full power and the flow turned right up to just about max hot - which will be very poor flow?

If they are setting it so it has a decent flow the water will almost certainly be cold.

Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back